Hello everyone and welcome back to MindfullyGrace!
Today I am sharing another recipe, continuing with the oatmeal theme (what can I say, oats are so versatile).
So many times dessert gets a bad rep because our society has made it into something we are supposed to feel bad about! And it is true, a lot of the times, we don’t need the cake or brownies or to eat whatever we want. But, that does not mean that you have to give up the enjoyment of dessert! There are so many healthy options that taste incredible, and fit into whatever health and fitness goals you have!
These trail mix cookies have ALL SORTS of nutrients that make them more like superfood circles than cookies, but the definitely do not compromise on the flavor, consistency, or wow factor. The hints of cinnamon and vanilla, along with the mix of flavors gives the perfect fall flavor. Coating them in vegan dark chocolate is optional but highly recommended (I mean, c’mon.)
The other absolute best thing about these cookies is they only require 1 bowl and about 20 minutes. They are perfect to prep for the week or for a quick weeknight post-dinner munch.
Healthy Trail Mix Cookies
By Grace Higgins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes 12 cookies
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/3 cup honey (or maple syrup, if vegan)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup flax seed
1/4 unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup raisins or craisins
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
vegan chocolate (for dipping)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, honey, and vanilla.
- Add all dry ingredients (except chocolate and coconut oil) to bowl and combine to form a thick cookie dough (it will be a bit sticky) *See Notes*
- Roll dough into 12 1-inch balls and slightly flatten into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. The cookies should be still pretty soft and look a little underdone.
- Cool cookies for at least 20 minutes or until firm and you can pick them up without them breaking. While they are cooling, melt your chocolate and coconut oil together in a pan.
- Dip cookies into chocolate and place back on cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate has hardened and enjoy! Store in the fridge for up to a week.
*You can sub any seed/flour on the dry ingredients as long as it adds up to 1 1/2 cups of dry ingredients (Not including hemp seeds or raisins).
Below is the directions in picture format!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Let me know if you make them and how you like them!
Have a peaceful and fulfilling week!