Spring has finally sprung and my spring semester is in full swing! ( say that 5 times fast) With having such a busy schedule during the week, I really do not have time to walk to the dining hall for breakfast every morning. So, I usually eat in my room, which means I have to find quick, easy, nutritious ways to start my days!
When I am at home, I love to make big batches of these Grain-Free Banana Muffins, which are perfect to grab-and-go before my 8am classes! This recipe was just an experiment one afternoon that turned into one of my favorite recipes, because let me tell you guys, these muffins are SO GOOD. They are light and fluffy, are sweet but not too sweet, and are SO easy to make! 2 bowls and a muffin pan are all that you need!
Additionally, these beautiful muffins are
- totally grain free
- refined sugar free (the only sweetener is the banana!
- less than 10 ingredients
- super healthy and nutritious
- slightly addictive because they are so good
So, are you ready to make them?
Grain Free Banana Muffins (GF. Paleo)
By: Grace // Just A Veg
Makes 6-8 muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 cup almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 large bananas, mashed
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the over to 350 degreed Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flours, baking powder, salt)
- In another, medium sized bowl, combine wet ingredients
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl containing dry ingredients, combine. The mixture should be very thick
- You can keep ’em plain, or add fun ingredients, like blueberries, dark chocolate chips, coconut, etc!
- Transfer the dough into a lined muffin tray, you want to fill up each muffin tin almost all the way as the batter will not rise very much
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until you can stick a cake tester in the muffin and it comes out clean. The tops of the muffins should be golden brown.
- Enjoy! Let cool and enjoy within 4-5 days or freeze and defrost as needed!
I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as I do. What is your favorite muffin flavor? Let me know in the comments below.
Have a great week!
Grace // Just A Veg ♥