Hope you all are having an AMAZING week!
This week’s post is going to be short and sweet- my semester is in full swing and I am BUSY!
This recipe is the perfect, easy, delicious meal for busy-bees like me. It is minimal, great for meal prep, lasts for almost a week, and tastes DANG GOOD.
(photo of me thinking about these lentils- haha)
Refined Sugar free
Full of plant protein
Also full of veg
Literally, you can’t go wrong with this recipe!
Are you ready to make it?
Easy Sweet Potato Moroccan Lentil Stew
By: Grace // Just A Veg
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
Brown rice, cooked according to package
3 medium carrots, sliced
1 medium onion, diced
2 Tablespoons minced garlic
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 medium sweet potatoes (about 2-3 cups), chopped
2 cups water
1 cup dried lentils
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 cups dates
1 can coconut milk ( I like Thai kitchen!)
- Cook your preferred rice according to the package.
- Add carrots, onions, garlic, and oil to a large saucepan. Sauté until soft and onion is translucent.
- Add sweet potatoes to pot, saute until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add water, lentils, tomatoes, and spices. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until water is absorbed, about 30-35 minutes.
- While the mixture is simmering, in a small bowl, add dates and cover with boiling water to soften for 5 minutes. Then, take the softened dates and 1/2 cup of the water and blend. this will make a sweet sauce to add to the lentils.
- Once the lentils are cooked, add the coconut milk and date sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to set. Then, scoop, prep, and enjoy!
That’s it! Super easy, busy-bee friendly, and super yummy! I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do. Let me know how you liked it in the comments below!
Have a fantastic week!
Grace // Just A Veg ♥