Summer is winding down and the year is beginning but I’m catching the last of the summer veg in this post!
Pasta is one of my favorite foods. I love it plain, but also love to jazz it up with some veggies and other power foods to make a nourishing, balanced meal. I love using brown rice or chickpea pasta for added nutrition, and to eliminate the downsides of gluten. Some of my fave brands are Eat Banza, Explore Cuisine, and Jovial Foods!
This Lemon Hemp Pasta is filling but still has the light summer flair we all love. Paired with the sweet summer vegetables like zuchinni, summer squash, and green peas, this past dish has so much flavor! The hemp seeds add a great texture and almost give an imitation of parmesan (with an open mind ;)). The lemon is the perfect pairing for the veggies and hemp seeds!
In this dish, you have
- 9 ingredients
- 1 pot and 1 pan
- only 30 minute of cooking
- a whole lotta deliciousness!
Are you ready for the recipe?
Lemon Hemp Pasta
By: Grace // Just A Veg
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
2 servings of brown rice pasta (or you can use any other GF pasta)
1 medium zuchinni
1 medium summer squash
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
3-4 Tablespoons olive oil
Juice of 1 small lemon
1/2 cup hemp seeds
1/4 cup fresh parsley or herb of choice
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut zuchinni and squash into half-rounds.
- Heat a large pan with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add garlic and peas. After 1-2 minutes, add zuchinni and squash. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook on high until soft and browned (pictured below). Then, remove from heat.
- Add your cooked pasta to the pan with the veggies. Add lemon juice, remaining olive oil, hemp seeds, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Finish up by adding the parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!
It’s really that easy! It is great meal for “I need something to eat good and fast”, only taking 30 minutes and 2 dishes. I hope you love this dish as much as I do! Let me know in the comments below how you liked it.
Have a great week!
Grace // Just A Veg ♥