I’m back with quite possibly one of my yummiest recipes to date- VEGAN OAT FLOUR BLUEBERRY PANCAKES!!!
Pancakes don’t have to be labeled as a junk food. I mean, when you add chia seeds to a recipe, it makes it healthy, right? 😉
Just kidding. But in all reality, these pancakes are good for you! They are made with oats, which are naturally gluten free and high in fiber. They have bananas for natural sweetness, flax and chia for glowing skin, healthy fats, and omega 3s, cinnamon for antioxidants, and coconut oil , which kills bad bacteria in your gut and gives you more omega 3s. 🙂 So basically, these pancakes are the epitome of health. haha.
Now, lets talk about that chocolate sauce all over those pancakes. Chocolate is unhealthy, right? Well, not when you make a vegan cacao syrup, which tastes just like melted chocolate without the refined sugar or dairy!! Cacao is super high in antioxidants, which is an added bonus.
Are you hungry yet?
Ok! Here’s the SUPER SIMPLE recipe, which requires no mixing or mashing- only BLENDING!
Vegan Oat Flour Blueberry Pancakes
By: Grace // Just A Veg
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Makes: 12-15 5″ pancakes
2 cups oats
2 flax eggs (2 Tablespoons ground flax + 6 Tablespoons water)
2 cups almond milk
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon lemon juice (makes them fluffy!!)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons chia seeds
cinnamon (to taste)
pinch of salt
Coconut oil for cooking
1.5 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (about 2 tablespoons per pancake, use rest for topping)
- Make flax egg, let sit for 5 minutes or so
- Add all ingredients except blueberries and oil to a blender and blend until smooth
- Heat a pan on medium heat with coconut oil
- Use a 1/3 cup to scoop the pancake mix into the warm pan. Add around 2 Tablespoons of your blueberries to each pancake. Let cook until golden brown around the edges and bubbles form in the middle.
- Flip, and let cook for 3-4 more minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Repeat steps 3-5 until all your batter is gone!
FOR CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
Total Time: 5 minutes
3 Tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 cup cacao powder (I used Navita’s Organics)
3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Heat all ingredients in a saucepan over medium low heat, stirring constantly. Once melted, cook 1-2 minutes until sauce slightly thickens. Serve immediately.
*NOTE* You want to make the sauce right before you serve it. If you let it cool too long it will harden and clump. Not good.
Compile your pancakes and chocolate sauce, using your remaining blueberries as topping! Enjoy!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Let me know if you try it!
Have a fabulous week!
Grace // Just A Veg