With Valentines Day just around the corner, all I see is CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE, and more CHOCOLATE. And, I can’t say I’m complaining. It gives me a chance to create super yummy vegan desserts!
Now, let me tell you about my two loves. One is named Brownie, and the other is named Peanut Butter. I set them up just so, and it just clicked. But, the problem was, peanut butter was vegan, but brownie was filled with eggs and milk. Eventually they (me) sorted it out, Brownie became vegan, and they had a baby named Peanut Butter Filled Brownie Cups. Let me tell you, the genetics are impeccable. Moist, chewy brownie filled with creamy melty peanut butter, not to mention vegan, GF, and refined sugar free!
Are you ready to make them?
Here’s the recipe:
Peanut Butter Filled Brownie Cups (GF, Vegan)
By: Grace Higgins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
Makes: 12-14 Brownies
1 1/4 cup oat flour (blend rolled oats until they form a powder consistency)
3/4 cup cacao powder (I use Navitas Organics)
1 1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 plus 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
2/3 cup maple syrup
1 flax egg ( 1 Tablespoon flax + 3 Tablespoons water)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
12 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Make flax egg and set aside
- Whisk dry ingredients (oat flour, cacao, spices) in a large bowl
- Add wet ingredients (everything else except peanut butter) into the dry ingredients, whisk to combine.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin liners. Scoop half the batter into the lined muffin tins
- Add 1 Tablespoon peanut butter to each muffin.
- Use the remaining half of the batter to cover the peanut butter. They should be almost full.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes- they shouldn’t jiggle when you shake the pan
- Let cool for 30 minutes before devouring 🙂
I hope you enjoy this combo as much as I do! This recipe took me 3 times to perfect but I think this one works really well! Let me know how you like them.