Hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful start to the week! I start my semester classes this week and am so excited to be on a busy schedule again! Today I thought I’d share with you a dessert…or breakfast…or basically any meal because it is a healthy ice cream (nicecream 🙂 )! Made with bananas, it is super thick, like a soft serve! Oh, and super creamy as well. And…just look at it! It’s gorgeous, healthy, and super easy to make! It’s a wonderful alternative to ice cream (although every once in a while a good bowl of vegan ice cream is needed). So, no more of me babbling, I’ll get right to the recipe!
2 Frozen Bananas
1/4 + 3 Tbsp. Frozen Blueberries
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Bob’s Red Mill Unsweetened coconut flakes for garnish
Hemp seeds for garnish
- In a blender, combine bananas, vanilla, and pea milk. This mixture will be thick, it may require you to stop and scrape the sides of the blender a few times.
- scoop out a bit and layer in glass until the layer of nicecream is about 1 inch thick.
- add 1 Tablespoon frozen blueberries to the mixture in the blender and blend until smooth. The color should be slightly more blue/purple.
- repeat step 2- add another layer
- Add another tablespoon of blueberries to the blender mixture and blend until smooth
- repeat step 2- layer it up!
- now add 2 tablespoons of blueberries to the blender and blend. It should be a nice lavender shade now!
- repeat step 2 again!
- Lastly, add 3 tablespoons blueberries to blender mixture and blend.
- Finish by layering the rest of the mixture on top.
- Top with coconut and hemp seeds and you have yourself a beautiful, delicious, and super healthy dessert…or honestly any meal haha!
Do you like nicecream? What are some of your favorite flavors?
Let me know if you try the recipe out! I would love to hear what you think!
I know this post was short and sweet. I’ll be back soon!