Hello Everyone, and Happy New Year. I honestly can’t believe it is already 2018! I used to dream about this year, and now I am living it! 2017 had a lot of changes for me, and I am ready to take on 2018! Here are a few of my resolutions:
- Get STRONGER! I want to be able to rep out some pull-ups or something 😉
- I shoot archery competitively, and I am striving for a new score!
- I want to improve my running- as much as I hate it, I know it is good for me
- Definitely improve my flexibility!
Anyways, there isn’t a better way to kick off this new year than with some oats! Personally, I have had my ups and downs with oatmeal; sometimes I love it, sometimes I don’t. It was always too watery, the texture was just gross, and I could never cook it right. BUT, I figured out this cool way to make my oats that is super easy, super quick, super delicious and doesn’t require any cooking skills!
This version of oats isn’t gooey either, it is more a rich, solid and dessert-like. It also is super healthy, being vegan, with no refined sugar and you could even make it no added sugar as well! It is just the perfect healthy kick start for 2018!
Here’s the recipe for you!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 4-5 minutes
Total: 10 minutes
For the oats:
1/2-3/4 of frozen berries- I used blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries. You can add or use less depending on how much berry you want.
1/2 cup rolled oats- I LOVE Bob’s Red Mills, which you can find at virtually any grocery store, but here is a link.
3/4 cup plant milk- I used SO Delicious unsweetened coconut, here is a link.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3-4 strawberries, chopped
1 teaspoon hemp seeds
2 teaspoons creamy peanut butter (or any nut butter). My favorite is currently Teddie’s natural pb, it is thick, creamy, and the only ingredients are peanuts and salt! Here is a link.
1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Add frozen berries to a saucepan and cook on medium-low until defrosted.
- While berries are cooking, add oats, plant milk, banana, cinnamon, and vanilla to a blender.
- pulse the mixture 3-4 time until mixed- you want the oats to have a coarse texture but all ingredients to be blended.
- add oat mixture to saucepan with defrosted berries, mix. Continue to cook on medium low until oats have thickened to your liking. The longer you cook them, the thicker they will get. This takes about 4-5 minutes.
- Pour oats into a bowl and top with strawberries, hemp seeds, maple syrup, and peanut butter.
This is a super easy, no-fail way to make an amazing breakfast!
Have a fabulous day!
If you try this recipe, let me know how you liked it in the comments!
ps: for those of you wondering about the calories, this meal is about 400 calories. However, remember to focus on the NUTRIENTS, not the calories!